Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rumors

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

The pale boy again. She was just as tall as he was, but he had a very lithe frame that seemed to twitch with excess energy while her curvy frame planted itself, immovable as a boulder. She crossed her arms and glared at him. Really, she was surprised he even approached her again considering that he saw the black wings unfold from her back. However, he seemed to be genuinely curious, his eyes dancing as he looked at her.

Lia rolled her eyes as she closed her locker door, "What do you want?"

"So," his voice dropped in tone, "What are you exactly?"

She grinned, leaning forward, "I'm a succubus, aren't you scared?"

He shook his head, "No way, and I'm not afraid of you."

She laughed, "You're a little afraid."

"Okay, maybe just a little, but you know. I have questions. Succubus questions."

Lia gave a resigned sigh as she began walking with her books in hand, "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Do you really have to kill people when you have sex with them so you can live?"

"No, those are just rumors."

"So do you happen to be behind the murders going down around town?"

Lia stopped and stared at him flatly.

"Please don't slam me into a locker again," He said taking a step back.

"Then don't ask me stupid questions like that," Lia looked really annoyed, "And even if I were behind them, why would I out myself to you?"

His mouth opened and closed a few times, hands flailing as he tried to think, "Because you might know!"

"Well, hate to disappoint, but I don't."

Lia continued walking along, but the boy was hot on her heels.

"So can you fly or are the wings just for show?"

"Why would I have wings if I couldn't fly?"

"Pads have wings and they can't fly."

Lia actually stopped and quirked a brow. It took her a moment to realize what he really said before she burst out laughing, and soon he was laughing too. She laughed so hard that she had to lean against a locker and wipe tiny tears from her eyes, "Did you really?"

"Does this make up or the bad foot we started on?"

"Only a little bit."

He held out his hand, "Stiles."

She shook his hand with a genuine smile, "I'm Lia."

No comments:

Post a Comment