Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hunger

(Author's note: I'm taking a small break from the main story for something a little more fun, but it DOES involve the same character, so bear with me please and thanks!)

"I'm so hungry," Lia lamented to Stiles as she stretched out on the floor of her apartment in a very cat-like manner.

"Me too, we could go get tacos," he offered, but she quickly cut him off.

"That's not what I mean."

His eyes flicked over to meet hers, his brows etching themselves in concern as well as understanding.

Lia explained her hunger to him one time when he asked her in curiosity.

"Think of me like an RPG character in a video game. You have your red bar for HP and your blue bar for MP. You can easily recover HP by eating food. For MP you usually have to find drink or elixir or some kind of potion. For me, my HP is restored by food and my MP is restored only by sexual energy. If I don't have that energy, my disguise will slip and I'll probably attack anyone out of desperation. Thankfully, that's never happened to me, but I've heard stories."

Stiles nodded the entire time she spoke to show that he followed exactly what she was saying, but then a look of realization crossed his features, "Wait, what video games have you played?"

"Sometimes, I play WoW. I wanted to see how they portrayed succubi."

"What did you think?"

Lia gave a noncommittal shrug in reply.

Stiles pushed himself up off the ground, his hands clenched and unclenched, fingers wiggling erratically as he thought, "Okay, you won't kill anyone, right?"

Lia rolled her eyes in the most exaggerated manner possible, "I thought we were past that by now."

"Well, it's still kind of alarming that you have to drain energy to live."

"You eat meat, don't you?"

"Well yeah..."

"Then shut up. It's not like I'm killing anyone."

Stiles's jaw clenched and his nostrils flared a little.

"I'm not!"

"Okay, fine. What about at school?"

"Don't you think I would have done that already? I'm trying to remain inconspicuous."

Lia watched as his eyes fell downward and slightly to the side. He uncomfortably twitched and bounced in one spot, trying not to look at her.

"Wait, you have an idea! What are you thinking?" Lia stood and slowly walked towards him, her eyes lighting up, "Please?"

"I..." his voice trailed off and he sighed heavily, "I may know of a place..."

No comments:

Post a Comment